Posts Tagged ‘Whittlesea’
Posted in Events by Kate Archdeacon on July 28th, 2011
|6 August , 2011|
|10:00 am||to||4:00 pm|
Come along to the Sustainable homes Expo 2011! The Sustainable Homes Expo is held every second year, and is a major local environmental event.
Residents can learn about the many ways to make their home more sustainable at our family-friendly Sustainable Homes Expo. Come along to the expo and hop on your bike to try to generate enough energy to run the Expo at the Future Spark Power Trailer.
This major local environmental event is free to attend and can help you learn how to:
- make smarter decisions by better understanding the range of home sustainability products and services available in this ever-growing market
- more effectively reduce your energy and water use at home, saving you money
- create a chemical-free home
- make the most efficient use of your property
- know what features and orientation to look for in an older home to make future sustainable renovations more effective
- build using eco-friendly materials
The event will feature:
- live music by The Right Brothers
- a range of sustainable food options for purchase, as well as fresh coffee from the Friends of Baucau
- the Centre for Education and Research in Environmental Strategies (CERES) energy trailer with fun, interactive displays about how energy is created and used by household appliances
- sustainability presentations from Water Watch, about the good, the bad and the ugly water bugs that affect the health of our waterways
Children’s entertainment will include:
- face painting
- craft making
- environmental performers, The Connies
The expo will feature a range of exhibitors showcasing everyday sustainable alternatives from eco-friendly cleaning products to reusable nappies.
Saturday August 6, 10 – 4
Plenty Ranges Arts and ConventionCentre
35 Ferres Boulevard
South Morang (Mel 183 A10)
Visit the website for more information.