Posts Tagged ‘water savings’
Posted in Events by Devin Maeztri on September 10th, 2008
Public Forum Save Water and the Vegie Patch on adapting water restrictions to enable the vegie patch to survive through summer.
What: Public Forum “Save Water and The Vegie Patch”
When: (Meet from 6.30pm), 7 – 9pm, 1 October 2008
Where: Brunswick Town Hall, Sydney Road – Brunswick
Posted in Models by Ferne Edwards on January 11th, 2008
Although Christmas is over a book that provides a guide to using rainwater and greywater at home is a good gift all round – especially in our drought-stricken climate. This book recently released by the Alternative Technology Association (ATA) has over 150 pages of comprehensive information and diagrams on how you can sustainably use water around the home.
* Choosing rainwater tanks and harvesting rainwater
* Supplying rainwater to the house and garden
* Setting up a greywater diversion system for the garden
* Greywater treatment systems for the house and gardens
* Health and environmental concerns with greywater
* Creating a raingarden to capture stormwater
* Cutting greenhouse emissions while saving water
The author, Stuart McQuire, has reduced his familys mains water use by 96%, using just two and a half buckets of mains water per day, but still has a thriving garden full of fresh produce.
Published by the Alternative Technology Association and supported by the Smart Water Fund. To find out how to get a copy visit the ATA website at http://www.ata.org.au/home-page-items/new-book-from-ata-water-not-down-the-drain/.