Posts Tagged ‘launch party’
Posted in Events by Kate Archdeacon on August 29th, 2011
|3 September , 2011|
|11:00 am||to||3:00 pm|
The Northcote Library Food Garden‘s Official Launch and Garden Party
Saturday September 3rd from 11am
Please come and celebrate the opening of Northcote’s newest community garden with us.
- Melbourne Ukulele Kollective play from 11am.
- Food Swap 11am – 12pm. Participate in the Urban Harvest swap. Bring your excess garden produce and swap it for something you don’t have!
- Official Launch – 11.15am. Join Cr Diana Asmar, Mayor of Darebin, as she launches the garden, the 2011/2012 Backyard Harvest Festival and Darebin’s Sustainable Food and Gardening guides.
- Garden Tour and Talk – 11. 45am. Join local permaculturalist and Food Forest expert, Angelo Eliades, to reflect on the 2011 International Year of Forests and the role that Urban Food Forests can play in local food production.
- Children’s Gardening Workshop – 12.15pm. Plant a sunflower, pot your own seedling to take home, visit our garden’s busiest workers, the earthworms, and create some garden art.
- Free Gardening Workshops 12.45pm – Seasonal Planting & Preparation Find out what to plant and how to prepare your garden beds for the Spring season.
- Fruit Tree Care – 1.15pm. Yellow leaves? Creepy-crawlies? Low production? Find out how to keep your fruit trees healthy and productive throughout Spring and Summer.
We would appreciate a RSVP to the Children’s Gardening Activities and Workshops. Please email northcotelibraryfoodgarden
@gmail.com with your name and preferred activity.
Posted in Events by Ferne Edwards on April 28th, 2009
Please see a public invitation to the Future Canvas launch party below.
You are invited to the sustainability party of the year! Future Canvas will be holding a launch party at Shed 4 in the Docklands (Future Canvas’ new Headquarters!) on Friday the 8th of May! There will be a fashion show, DJ, sustainable catering and a lot of wonderful and interesting people to mingle with!
On Sunday the 17th of May there will be a Garden and Space Blitz being held at the Future Canvas HQ to help kick-start our Reforestation Project. Future Canvas’ Reforestation Project involves creating a community garden in the Docklands on a 350 square metre space! The project aims to promote and advance urban agriculture in Metropolitan Melbourne. During the Garden and Space Blitz we will be designing and creating the beginnings of the community garden (see attached artists impression!). Additionally, there will be opportunities to learn all sorts of sustainable day-to-day skills from permaculture, composting, clothes swapping, making bike trailers, painting canvas’ and designing furniture from waste materials.
Read the rest of this entry »