Posts Tagged ‘expo’
Posted in Events by Kate Archdeacon on August 19th, 2011
|18 August , 2011 10:00 am||to||21 August , 2011 6:00 pm|
Posted in Events by Kate Archdeacon on August 5th, 2011
|20 August , 2011|
|21 August , 2011|
Ausbike was born out of necessity; before the Melbourne Ausbike Bike Show 2009, Australia had no national cycling trade expo. The show was such a success that this year there will be hundreds of exhibitors from Australia and around the world. Not only has the content of the show increased, but so has the length. The show will open on Saturday the 20th of August 2011 and run until the 22nd of August 2011, with the first two days reserved as a public-only event and the last day trade-only.
Ausbike 2011 covers all kinds of cycling including: Road, Track, Time Trial, Mountain Bikes, Cross Country, BMX, Trials, Kids, Toddlers, even Unicycles! Not only will bikes be showing but also an unimaginable array of accessories to go with your bike and your lifestyle. This show is an absolute must-not-miss event for anyone interested in bikes or who works in the bicycle industry.
Ausbike 2011 Melbourne Bike Expo has an exhibition space of over 10,000sqm and an expected 10,000 bicycle enthusiasts and 2500 trade experts will attend the show. Visitors will be able to:
- See brands from around the world and speak to those who know them best
- View a fantastic collection of vintage bikes proudly put on display by many of the premier collectors of Melbourne
- Try out some of the new bikes for 2011/12 bikes
- Catch the BMX comps
- Look at the new cycling fashion trends including urban and sports
Trade registration is open, public tickets are on sale now.
Posted in Events by Kate Archdeacon on July 28th, 2011
|6 August , 2011|
|10:00 am||to||4:00 pm|
Come along to the Sustainable homes Expo 2011! The Sustainable Homes Expo is held every second year, and is a major local environmental event.
Residents can learn about the many ways to make their home more sustainable at our family-friendly Sustainable Homes Expo. Come along to the expo and hop on your bike to try to generate enough energy to run the Expo at the Future Spark Power Trailer.
This major local environmental event is free to attend and can help you learn how to:
- make smarter decisions by better understanding the range of home sustainability products and services available in this ever-growing market
- more effectively reduce your energy and water use at home, saving you money
- create a chemical-free home
- make the most efficient use of your property
- know what features and orientation to look for in an older home to make future sustainable renovations more effective
- build using eco-friendly materials
The event will feature:
- live music by The Right Brothers
- a range of sustainable food options for purchase, as well as fresh coffee from the Friends of Baucau
- the Centre for Education and Research in Environmental Strategies (CERES) energy trailer with fun, interactive displays about how energy is created and used by household appliances
- sustainability presentations from Water Watch, about the good, the bad and the ugly water bugs that affect the health of our waterways
Children’s entertainment will include:
- face painting
- craft making
- environmental performers, The Connies
The expo will feature a range of exhibitors showcasing everyday sustainable alternatives from eco-friendly cleaning products to reusable nappies.
Saturday August 6, 10 – 4
Plenty Ranges Arts and ConventionCentre
35 Ferres Boulevard
South Morang (Mel 183 A10)
Visit the website for more information.
Make a stand against the bland! Celebrate good food, as it should be with all its bumps and imperfections. Grow it for real, from budding seed to brimming plate and join in on the quest for taste!
Following the success of last years “Dig Your Dinner” competition, the Organic Expo & Green Show are delighted to announce we are running this fun and inspiring competition again as part of our commitment to encourage future generations to lead a healthier and more sustainable life. Schools across VIC are invited to join in the challenge and “Dig Your Dinner” – A fun and easy competition to show how simple it is to grow your own food, free from artificial nasties.
There are two categories in which to enter:
1. Pre-schools/Primary Schools
2. Secondary Schools/Colleges (dependent on entry numbers these may be split further).
Your school will grow your favourite seasonal vegetables and herbs and nurture them into a bountiful crop in time for the Organic Expo & Green Show. You will then bring the best of your produce to the show creatively displayed in a wheelbarrow (competition to be judged on Saturday 15 October 2011).
• Celebrity TV gardener Vasili Kanidiadis will be there to meet your school and judge the best vegetables
• Vasili will use the winning veggies in a cooking demonstration showing how you can create a delicious, healthy and inexpensive family meal
• The winning schools will become the Dig Your Dinner Champions VIC 2011 and Vasili will present you with a trophy and prizes
Entries Close September 23
Posted in Events by Kate Archdeacon on July 1st, 2011
|15 July , 2011|
|16 July , 2011|
|17 July , 2011|
Sustainability On Show within this year’s Building & Home Improvement Expo, on from 15 – 17 July 2011 at the Melbourne Exhibition Centre will offer visitors not only the broadest array of the latest products and technologies available, it will also provide a forum in which you can learn from experts and gain insight into the best sustainable investments for your home.
At the Building & Home Improvement Expo visitors will have the unique opportunity to discover 100s of manufacturers and suppliers of renewable energy technologies, solar water & solar power technology, grey water systems, heating & cooling systems, energy conservation technologies, insulation, glazing, home energy auditors, water harvesting, carbon reduction technology & more.
Sustainability highlights include:
- Modern Methods of Construction
- Housing Sustainability Pyramid
- Sustainability Hot Spot
- Free Seminars including 10 Star Challenge; Maximising your ‘Green Cred’; and Sustainability Cost Justified
15-17 July 2011
Melbourne Exhibition Centre
Posted in Events by Kate Archdeacon on June 25th, 2010
Building or renovating a home? Come and see the latest energy efficient products at Sustainability on Show. See first-hand hundreds of green ideas to introduce into your home to improve your energy efficiency and minimise your costs. Discover the latest solar technology, grey water systems, heating and cooling, energy conservation and energy efficiency technologies, and more. Held in conjunction with the Building & Home Improvement Expo, Sustainability on Show includes over 300 companies with the latest building and renovation products and services including bathrooms, kitchens, building materials, flooring, heating & cooling, lighting, doors, windows, roofing, fencing, landscaping and more.
With a focus on building and renovation, choose from the best products and services on the market. Meet the exhibitors and speak face to face about building or renovation projects. Learn more at our free demonstration stages where experts in DIY, sustainability and building technology will be available to demonstrate the best of what’s new.
Book tickets (includes the Building & Home Improvement Expo) on the website.
Fri 9 – Sun 11 July 2010 at the Melbourne Exhibition Centre.
Open Fri 10am – 9pm; Sat 10am – 9pm; Sun 10am – 5pm
Posted in Events by Kate Archdeacon on May 7th, 2010
Come along to the City of Stonnington’s annual Sustainable Living Expo featuring exhibitors offering simple and affordable or free products to help you reduce your impact on the environment and save money.
* Low-energy, water saving, recyclable and organic products.
* Organic fashion
* Free Sustainable Gardening in Stonnington booklet
* Organic make-up and skin care
* Children’s activities including art, and interactive and educational performances
* Organic food, wine and coffee
* Eco-friendly cleaning products
* Renewable energy products that use solar and wind power
* Keeping chickens
* Eco-friendly nappies
* Sustainable gardening
* Stonnington’s trees
* Sustainability around your home
Travel sustainably to the Exhibition, by public transport or cycling, and present your valid Metcard or bike helmet at the City of Stonnington’s tent and you could win sustainable transport prizes to the value of $600.
Date: Sunday 16th May
Venue: Stonnington Depot, 293 Tooronga Rd, Malvern.
Time: 11am – 4pm
Transport: This event can be accessed from Tooronga train station on Glen Waverley line, # 72 Malvern Road tram and #624 Bus on Tooronga Road. No onsite parking, however parking is available in surrounding streets including Weir St, Carrol Cres and Milton Pde.
Posted in Events by Kate Archdeacon on July 15th, 2009
Source: Eco eNews from EcoVoice
Image: Organic Expo
Now in its fifth year, The Organic Expo returns to the Royal Exhibition Building, Melbourne this July with over 200 exhibitors from across Australia and overseas taking part. The show continues to be a focal point in the Organic industry’s annual calendar, providing the only opportunity in Oceania for traders and consumers to experience what’s new in the organic industry.
24 to 26 July 2009, Royal Exhibition Building, Carlton Gardens, Victoria
Posted in Events by Ferne Edwards on August 12th, 2008
PLEASE NOTE – THE EVENT BELOW HAS NOW BEEN CANCELLED.
Below is a link to a pdf document of a single page A4 announcement of a major Landcare Expo Landcare is organising for Fathers’ Day, 7 September, in Melbourne. It promises to be informative and fun, so be there if you can. Also, this is about “Country Comes To City” on the basis that Landcare Is For Everyone, so please pass this document on to whoever you think might be interested in attending.
PDF Document: Expo Announcement