Posts Tagged ‘earthship’
Posted in Events by EcoCentre on June 11th, 2013
|17 June , 2013|
|7:00 pm||to||9:00 pm|
EcoCentre June Film Night – Garbage Warrior.
What do beer cans, car tyres and water bottles have in common? Not much unless you’re renegade architect Michael Reynolds, in which case they’re tools of choice for producing energy-independent housing.
For 30 years, New Mexico-based Reynolds and his green disciples have advanced the art of ”Earthship Biotecture” by building self sufficient, off the grid communities.
Shot over 3 years and in 4 countries, Garbage Warrior is a portrait of a determined building visionary.
The film will be introduced by Melbourne based architect, owner-builder and eco village enthusiast Tony Kenny, whose own home has been fashioned from largely reclaimed materials for well under $60,000.
Date: Monday 17 June
Venue: Port Phillip EcoCentre
Corner Blessington & Herbert Streets, St Kilda
(in the St Kilda Botanic Gardens)
Cost: $2 on the door
Phone: 9534 0670
|17 February , 2012 10:00 am||to||20 February , 2012 3:00 pm|
An Earthship is a radically sustainable home made of recycled materials.
This three day Earthship Biotecture Seminar will be led by Earthship creator Michael Reynolds and cover a wide range of Earthship topics both pragmatic and philosophical.
Guest appearance and presentation by Martin Freney, PhD Candidate School of Architecture, Landscape Architecture and Urban Design University of Adelaide. Martin Freney will present scientific data to substantiate Earthship performance. Attendees achieve credit toward the Australian Earthship Biotecture Academy.
February 17th, 18, 19th, – 2012 Village Roadshow Theatrette @ State Library of Victoria
Limited seating available. Advance purchase recommended.
15 Student discount tickets available – $300 each.
Friday February 17th
- 10:00am – 12:00pm History of Earthships discussion/presentation of how and why they evolved.
- 2:00pm – 5:00pm Solar/Thermal dynamics: discussion/presentation of how the Earthships heat and cool themselves and how this is integrated with the structure and climate.
Saturday February 18th
- 10:00am – 12:00pm Custom Earthships: discussion/presentation on custom Earthships and how to design them.
- 2:00pm – 5:00pm Earthship Systems: discussion/presentation of specific details of the Earthship Systems independent power, water, sewage and food production.
Sunday February 19th
- 10:00am – 12:30pm Earthship Disaster Relief projects around the world discussion/presentation of how Earthships are evolved by? these projects.
- 1:00pm – 3:00pm Types of Earthships – discussion/presentation of the various types of Earthships and how to get started on your own.