Posts Tagged ‘Cycling Promotion Fund’
There is one month to go to nominate our local cycling individuals and communities to be acknowledged for their efforts in the 10th Australian Bicycling Achievement Awards. Maybe you know of a local advocate, bike shop, school, educational institution, or bicycle-friendly local business that promotes cycling and goes that extra mile. Or have you been to an inspirational cycling event that deserves recognition. The Awards will be presented at a ceremony in Canberra in early 2012 that will attended by federal politicians and representatives from national organisations and peak bodies in health, transport and the bicycle industry.
Australian Bicycling Achievement Awards Nominations
Awards nominations can be made online or via a form downloaded from: www.cyclingawards.com.au Please contact the Cycling Promotion Fund on (03) 9863 8646 or email email@example.com if you have any additional questions about making a nomination.
- Professional of the Year Award
- Volunteer of the Year Award
- Cycling Organisation Achievement Award
- Local Government Achievement Award
- Educational Institution Achievement Award
- Cycling Friendly Business Award
- Contribution by a Politician Award
- Bicycle Retailer Achievement Award
- National Media Achievement Award
- Special Initiative or Event to Promote Cycling Award
Application forms and entry must be lodged by the closing date of 5pm, Friday 14th December 2011.
Posted in Events by cyclingpromotionfund on July 10th, 2009
Don’t miss this great opportunity to gain practical advice and information on innovative policies and practices used by companies to encourage staff to cycle.
- Travel Planning: How to do it and why (Department of Transport, Sustainable Transport Branch)
- End of trip facilities for bicycles: From planning to maintenance (National Australia Bank)
- Encouragement and incentives: Policies and guidelines which work (City of Yarra)
- Cycling as a tool for team building and improving staff morale (Superpartners)
- Setting up a bicycle fleet (Cycling Promotion Fund)
This seminar is held as part of the Ausbike Trade Show which is only open to members of the bicycle industry. Participants of the seminar will gain exclusive access to the Ausbike Trade Show to check out the newest bicycles, accessories and cycling gear.
- When: Monday 17 August 2009, 8:00 am – 9:00 am, Followed by a tour of the Ausbike Trade Show
- Where: Exhibition Pavillion, Melbourne Show Grounds, Epson Road, Ascot Vale
- Cost: FREE
- Limited places available so registration is essential.
- RSVP: By Monday 10 August 2009
- Contact Kathy & Chris at the Cycling Promotion Fund, E: firstname.lastname@example.org T: (03) 9818 5400
- Download the seminar flyer (PDF file, 260kb)