Posts Tagged ‘biotecture’
|17 February , 2012 10:00 am||to||20 February , 2012 3:00 pm|
An Earthship is a radically sustainable home made of recycled materials.
This three day Earthship Biotecture Seminar will be led by Earthship creator Michael Reynolds and cover a wide range of Earthship topics both pragmatic and philosophical.
Guest appearance and presentation by Martin Freney, PhD Candidate School of Architecture, Landscape Architecture and Urban Design University of Adelaide. Martin Freney will present scientific data to substantiate Earthship performance. Attendees achieve credit toward the Australian Earthship Biotecture Academy.
February 17th, 18, 19th, – 2012 Village Roadshow Theatrette @ State Library of Victoria
Limited seating available. Advance purchase recommended.
15 Student discount tickets available – $300 each.
Friday February 17th
- 10:00am – 12:00pm History of Earthships discussion/presentation of how and why they evolved.
- 2:00pm – 5:00pm Solar/Thermal dynamics: discussion/presentation of how the Earthships heat and cool themselves and how this is integrated with the structure and climate.
Saturday February 18th
- 10:00am – 12:00pm Custom Earthships: discussion/presentation on custom Earthships and how to design them.
- 2:00pm – 5:00pm Earthship Systems: discussion/presentation of specific details of the Earthship Systems independent power, water, sewage and food production.
Sunday February 19th
- 10:00am – 12:30pm Earthship Disaster Relief projects around the world discussion/presentation of how Earthships are evolved by? these projects.
- 1:00pm – 3:00pm Types of Earthships – discussion/presentation of the various types of Earthships and how to get started on your own.