World Environment Day Awards: Call for Nominations
Posted in Seeking by Kate Archdeacon on February 23rd, 2011
Nominations for the 2011 United Nations Association of Australia World Environment Day Awards are now open nationally. Businesses, local governments, community organisations, individuals, schools and the media are invited to nominate in the following Award categories:
- WSP Lincolne Scott Sustainability Leadership Award
- Peter Szental Award for Sustainability Entrepreneurship
- Virgin Blue Business Awards
- Department of Sustainability and Environment Biodiversity Award
- Green Building Award
- Local Government Awards
- Excellence in Sustainable Water Management
- Environmental Schools Award
- Sustainability Education Award
- Excellence in Marine and Coastal Management Award
- Media Award for Environmental Reporting
- Community Award
- Individual Award
This National Awards Program recognises those from all Australian sectors who display innovation and dedication in their work to protect, manage or restore the environment. In recent years, the World Environment Day Awards have showcased some of the most important and exciting environmental projects in Australia. The Awards program encourages environmental leadership, and promotes awareness of environmental issues on a global scale. The Association is pleased to announce a new award this year, the Peter Szental Award for Sustainability Entrepreneurship. This Award recognises businesses that have been outstanding in commercialising new sustainability solutions, demonstrating new business models and influencing mainstream thinking. The World Environment Day Awards are held annually in support of UN World Environment Day on June 5th.
Nominations close Friday 6 May, 2011.
Winners will be announced at the Awards Presentation Dinner to be held at the Grand Hyatt Hotel on Friday 3 June, 2011.
For entry forms and further details, please visit www.unaavictoria.org.au