Moreland Bicycle Strategy (Draft): Feedback Welcome
Posted in Seeking by Kate Archdeacon on October 26th, 2010
The Draft Moreland Bicycle Strategy outlines a new vision for cycling in Moreland and proposes:
“To make the City of Moreland a great place to ride a bicycle – a place where new cyclists feel safe and the experience of riding is superior to driving a car.”
The strategy provides a detailed outline of how Council, working in partnership with the community and other agencies, will work to make this vision real over the next 10 years. The Draft Moreland Bicycle Strategy provides additional background information, and identifies priority works that will make riding in Moreland more comfortable and more popular. It was developed in consultation with the community, using feedback from consultation events and comments from the Bicycle Advisory Committee.
Some of the Moreland Draft Bicycle Strategy includes actions for:
* Community engagement and social marketing activities to make cycling attractive to a wider range of people.
* Safety Audits for all existing shared paths, and upgrades including lighting to the Upfield Path.
* New bicycle routes linking Glenroy to Coburg, Broadmeadows and the Moonee Ponds Creek Trail.
The strategy is available for public comment. This feedback will help us form the final version of the bicycle strategy. Email your comments and feedback to info
@moreland.vic.gov.au or send your feedback to:
Moreland City Council
Locked Bag 10
Moreland, Victoria 3058
You can download a copy of the Draft Moreland Bicycle Strategy or view a copy at the following locations:
* Moreland Civic Centre, 90 Bell Street, Coburg
* Brunswick Citizen Services Centre, 233 Sydney Road, Brunswick, and
* Glenroy Citizen Services Centre, 796N Pascoe Vale Road, Glenroy.
Office hours are 8.30 am to 5 pm Monday to Friday except public holidays.