Bicycling Achievement Awards: Nominations Open
Posted in Seeking by cyclingpromotionfund on March 3rd, 2010
Making Australia more bicycle friendly requires action, commitment, innovation, vision and persistence. Without the work of dedicated individuals and organisations, many of the facilities and initiatives we take for granted today would not be there. Maybe you know of a hard-working person in your area, a cycling group, local school, bicycle shop, bicycle-friendly business, local council or shire, councillor, politician or an organisation that deserves recognition from the cycling community?
The Cycling Promotion Fund (CPF) is calling for nominations to the 2009 Australian Bicycling Achievement Awards. The CPF believes that recognising innovation and commitment is vital in maintaining momentum and sustaining action around Australia. To achieve this we established the Bicycling Achievement Awards in 2002. Since their inception, the range and quality of nominations has increased considerably illustrating the excellent work happening around Australia in shaping the future of bicycling.
All nominees will be included in a booklet that is distributed far and wide. Winners in each category will also receive a trophy.
Nominations to be received by Monday 12th April 2010
Objectives of the Awards
- To recognise innovation, commitment and contribution towards promoting and encouraging cycling
- To lift awareness and the profile of innovative programs that are effective in increasing cycling
- To share best practice examples to encourage innovation
- To celebrate achievements and sustain momentum
Benefits of Nominating
- Enhance the profile and reputation of your organisation, business or program
- Gain support to maintain and expand the program, action or commitment
- Gain recognition for achievements in the public domain, with peers and funding bodies
- All winners and recipients of honourable mentions will receive a trophy
Nomination forms are available on the website: