2011 ‘Dig Your Dinner’ Schools Competition
Make a stand against the bland! Celebrate good food, as it should be with all its bumps and imperfections. Grow it for real, from budding seed to brimming plate and join in on the quest for taste!
Following the success of last years “Dig Your Dinner” competition, the Organic Expo & Green Show are delighted to announce we are running this fun and inspiring competition again as part of our commitment to encourage future generations to lead a healthier and more sustainable life. Schools across VIC are invited to join in the challenge and “Dig Your Dinner” – A fun and easy competition to show how simple it is to grow your own food, free from artificial nasties.
There are two categories in which to enter:
1. Pre-schools/Primary Schools
2. Secondary Schools/Colleges (dependent on entry numbers these may be split further).
Your school will grow your favourite seasonal vegetables and herbs and nurture them into a bountiful crop in time for the Organic Expo & Green Show. You will then bring the best of your produce to the show creatively displayed in a wheelbarrow (competition to be judged on Saturday 15 October 2011).
• Celebrity TV gardener Vasili Kanidiadis will be there to meet your school and judge the best vegetables
• Vasili will use the winning veggies in a cooking demonstration showing how you can create a delicious, healthy and inexpensive family meal
• The winning schools will become the Dig Your Dinner Champions VIC 2011 and Vasili will present you with a trophy and prizes
Entries Close September 23