Open Every Weekend in 2011: Port Philip Eco Centre
Posted in Movements by Kate Archdeacon on January 14th, 2011
Photo: Phooey Architects
The Port Philip Eco Centre in St Kilda will be open every Saturday and Sunday in 2011 with a Duty Manager on site, all day. There will be a wide variety of activities – workshops on making your rented or owned home more resource-efficient, daily tours of our retrofitted building, community gardening, regular guest speakers, sustainability markets, bicycle maintenance workshops, the EcoShop (selling a range of products from worm farms to insulation), workshops for kids, artistic workshops with a green theme and even musicians/bands to help create a good vibe. We will have tea and cake available on weekends too. Please make a plan to visit us on at least one weekend in January as we launch this exciting new 2011 weekend program – check out the Calendar for January’s activities and come and say hello.
This “Open on Weekends” strategy will enable us to access the “Residents” market more effectively.
However, we are expanding our market strategy and will also be targeting employees who come to work in the region. We will take the message TO them, at their offices or at excursion sites. We will do this by offering companies opportunities to:
* provide their employees with volunteering excursions (which we will set up and manage),
* sponsor research (and even participate)
* sponsor our sustainability education projects at partner schools,
* learn about food security by having us mentor their staff in establishing a small vegetable garden, on site, at their office
* hear presentations (at their offices) on living more sustainably at home and at work.
All of these programs will be offered to corporates for a fee. This approach will have the additional benefit of diversifying our sources of funding. Click here for more information on this program or, of course, give us a call if you know someone who might be interested.
Phone (03) 9534 0670
55A Blessington St, St Kilda