Eco Market Public Information Session – A real alternative to the Supermarket – 10 September
Posted in Models by Ferne Edwards on August 29th, 2008
Wednesday 10th September, 6.30pm
Friends of the Earth, 312 Smith Street Collingwood
In Spring 2008 Friends of the Earth will revolutionise the way we shop with the development of Australia’s first Eco Market, the sustainable market that will sell all the common items found at a supermarket. All products sold at the Eco Market must meet the standards of the Friends of the Earth environmental, ethical and social criteria. The Eco Market will be a ‘one stop’ shopping destination providing a real alternative to the supermarket.
* Do you want to learn more about this exciting new campaign?
* Do you feel politically inspired to be involved in a campaign that challenges the way we consume?
* Maybe you have a sustainable product that you wish to sell at the market?
* Or perhaps you are you interested in donating?
If you answered `Yes’, then join Friends of the Earth as we share news and information about the Eco Market campaign.
– Complimentary glass of organic wine on entry
– Delicious finger food provided by the Friends of the Earth Food Co-op
– Entry is free, gold coin donations appreciated.
– Giselle Wilkinson, founder of the Sustainable Living Foundation
– Cam Walker, Campaign coordinator, Friends of the Earth
– Dave West, founder of Green Capital and the Boomerang Alliance
Join the latest campaign to challenge the supermarket industry and their unsustainable practices.
For more information, visit http://www.foe.org.au/sustainable-food/ or email realfood@melbourne. foe.org.au