Towards Zero Emissions: Business & Design
Posted in Events by Kate Archdeacon on February 3rd, 2011
|16 February , 2011|
|5:30 pm||to||8:00 pm|
Source: Design Victoria
The latest science tells us that it is increasingly important to maintain a safe climate for our planet. Discover the emerging opportunities that the field of sustainability presents your business to move towards being part of the solution for a sustainable society. Join us at this keynote presentation with Alan Pears and Bill Jones who work towards the target of zero in their day-to-day work. Their work covers areas including energy efficiency, sustainable energy, whole systems thinking, and greening the supply chain. Alan and Bill will showcase examples on how to design for significantly reduced and ultimately zero carbon. They will share the strategies they have used, and challenges they have faced in creating positive change for a low carbon future.
What you will learn
- Strategies for businesses to drastically reduce energy demand to make zero emissions possible
- Strategies for businesses to green their supply chain
- Examples from products that assist in the move to zero carbon
- Insight from one of the first businesses in Australia to have their entire product range certified as carbon neutral.
- Alan Pears – Co-director of Sustainable Solutions and Adjunct Professor at RMIT Centre for Design: Alan Pears is an Adjunct Professor at the Centre for Design, and co-director of environmental consultancy Sustainable Solutions. He has been expert in the field of Sustainable Design since the energy crisis of the 1970s.
- Bill Jones – Managing Director, Sustainable Living Fabrics: Bill Jones is CEO of Sustainable Living Fabrics, the first company with their entire product range to be certified carbon neutral under the Carbon Neutral Program.
- Dr Stephen Clune – Sustainable Products and Packaging Researcher, RMIT Centre for Design
Wednesday 16 February 2011
5.30 pm to 8.00 pm
Registration: 5.15 pm
Australian Centre for the Moving Image (ACMI), Federation Square, Melbourne
The seminar includes networking opportunities and light refreshments.
RSVP by Friday 11 February 2011
Bookings are essential for catering. Please book early as places are limited.
To RSVP please click ‘Register for Event’.
Please direct further enquiries to David McLachlan on +61 3 9925 4195 or events