Taking Stock of 2010: Carbon Innovators Network
Posted in Events by Kate Archdeacon on December 10th, 2010
|15 December , 2010|
|4:30 pm||to||6:30 pm|
Throughout 2010, our response to climate change has often felt like being on a roller coaster. But is it all bad news? To examine the implications of the past years’ events, the Carbon Innovators Network is hosting Taking Stock – our end of year event that will look back on 2010 and consider what next year might achieve.
Taking Stock will include a panel of leading practitioners with scientific, regulatory, policy, business and communications backgrounds to stimulate a moderated discussion chaired by Kinesis Director Nick Rowley.
The panel for Taking Stock will include:
• John Merritt: CEO of the EPA Vic, Victoria’s environmental regulator.
• Rebecca Falkingham: Director Policy and Projects, Victorian Office of Climate Change and one of the leading contributors to the development of the Victorian Government’s Climate Change White Paper.
• Liz Minchin: author of the book Screw Light Bulbs: Smarter Solutions for Australia’s Future, which offers positive, credible answers to how Australia can get serious about tackling climate change.
• Mike Raupach: Fellow at the Australian Academy of Science and one of the lead authors of the Academy’s The Science of Climate Change, Questions and Answers publication.
• Bruce Donnison: General Manager of Sustainability at Fonterra, the world’s leading exporter of dairy products responsible for more than a third of the international dairy trade.
We want to hear from you too! To help guide the event, we are seeking your response as a Carbon Innovators Network member to a series of questions about climate change in 2010. Your response to these questions will help guide and inform the session – check out the online forum for the questions.
15 December 2010 – 4:30pm – 6:30pm, The Wheeler Centre, 176 Little Lonsdale Street, Melbourne
Website for more details and to RSVP: www.carboninnovators.net.au/events/taking-stock