Sustainable Communities: Collaborating, Planning, Delivering
Posted in Events by Kate Archdeacon on March 22nd, 2012
|29 March , 2012|
|6:00 pm||to||7:30 pm|
This Melbourne Conversations event has been developed to support the C40 Workshop. The desire for sustainable communities is the touchstone of city-forming when comparing major cities across the globe. As city design and planning experts meet in Melbourne as part of the C40 group, never have the challenges of city growth been so great, nor the achievements so promising. Hear about our local achievements and those of comparable large world cities.
- Ms Romilly Madew – Chief Executive, Green Building Council of Australia, Sydney
- Ms Melanie Nutter – Director San Francisco Environment Department, USA
- Prof Jan Gehl – Gehl Architects, Copenhagen, Denmark
- Prof Billie Giles-Corti – Director, McCaughey Centre, Melbourne School of Population Health, University of Melbourne
- Ms Li Lixin – Deputy Chief of Air Pollution Control Division, Beijing Municipal Environmental Protection Bureau, China
Moderated by Peter Mares, Grattan Institute, Melbourne.
Thursday March 29, 6-7:30pm
BMW Edge, Federation Square
Free event, no bookings needed.