Resource Efficiency Training: VECCI Course
Posted in Events by Kate Archdeacon on January 21st, 2010
Source: Climate Action Calendar
Environmentally-friendly businesses are those that make a conscious decision to choose sustainable practices. Customers, staff and suppliers increasingly want to work with and for these businesses. Sustainability in the workplace is fast becoming essential to give businesses the competitive edge. This workshop is being run by the Victorian Employers’ Chamber of Commerce & Industry (VECCI) for small and medium-sized businesses that wish to adopt more sustainable practices.
What will be covered:
* A brief overview of relevant environmental legislation.
* Opportunities that can lead to reduced resource use, cost savings and reputational gains.
* An introduction to easy-to-use tools to help you successfully measure water, energy use and waste disposal.
* Communicating your business’s environmental goals to staff and customers.
* Expert assistance with the development of a draft Action Plan to reduce your water, waste and energy use.
Handout: A resource pack that includes case studies, information on grants and funding, and useful contacts for future assistance
This one-day course is on offer during February, March & April. Visit the website for more details.