Resource Efficiency Training: September & October
Posted in Events by Kate Archdeacon on September 14th, 2010
|21 September , 2010|
|7 October , 2010|
|28 October , 2010|
Simple ways to ‘green’ your business and save money
Environmentally-friendly businesses are those that make a conscious decision to choose sustainable practices. Customers, staff and suppliers increasingly want to work with and for these businesses. Sustainability in the workplace is fast becoming essential to give businesses the competitive edge. This interactive, one?day workshop was developed in response to the needs of small and medium-sized businesses that wish to adopt more sustainable practices.
What will be covered
* A brief overview of relevant environmental legislation.
* Steps to measure and monitor your resource usage.
* Opportunities that can lead to reduced resource use, cost savings and reputational gains.
* An introduction to easy-to-use tools to help you successfully measure water, energy use and waste disposal.
* Example of what other organisations are doing to be sustainable.
* Expert assistance with the development of a draft Action Plan to reduce water, waste and energy use.
* A resource pack that includes case studies, information on grants and funding, and useful contacts for future assistance.
21/09/10: East Melbourne
28/10/10: East Melbourne
Visit the website for more information.