One Just World: If water is life, what do we do when it runs out?
Posted in Events by Devin Maeztri on October 28th, 2008
What: Public forums on global poverty and development: Water and sanitation security for the developing world hosted by One Just World
When: Wednesday, 29 October, 2008/6.00pm â€“ 7.30pm (entry from 5.30pm)
Where: BMW Edge, Federation Square
The speakers will give their views and then open up for contributions, questions and discussion from the audience.
1. Clarissa Brocklehurst â€“ UNICEFs Chief of Water, Environment and Sanitation.
2. Andre Dzikus â€“ Chief of Water and Sanitation at the United Nations Human Settlements Program (UN-HABITAT).
3. Pauline Komolong â€“ Water engineer working for the Oxfam Highlands Program in Papua New Guinea funded by WaterAid Australia.
4. Brian Dawson â€“ Director, Adapt and Clean Development Section, AusAID, as forum host.
5. Peter Mares â€“ Journalist with the ABC for more than 20 years, Peter currently presents The National Interest on ABC Radio National, as moderator
ONE JUST WORLD “Think, Talk, Act on Global Poverty and Development”
An initiative of the International Women’s Development Agency, World Vision Australia and AusAID.
One Just World is a national series of free after-work forums focusing on global poverty and development topics of high public interest and relevance. Our aim is to help Australians become informed and involved in helping the 800 million people worldwide who are fighting to escape poverty.
For more details about the event please download the Press Release.