Carbon Management 101: October
Posted in Events by Kate Archdeacon on October 1st, 2010
|14 October , 2010|
|19 October , 2010|
Transition to a low-carbon economy – what does it mean for your business?
Why we developed this course
Keeping track of current national and international developments towards a low-carbon economy can be challenging. Businesses that understand how the transition to a carbon-constrained economy will impact upon their business operations will not only save money, they will also be better placed to capitalise on new business opportunities.
The Carbon 101 information session was developed in response to the requirements of small and medium-sized businesses. The briefing will help you cut through the ‘carbon jargon’. Carbon 101 is an essential guide to measuring and managing your business’s carbon footprint, and identifying opportunities for making environmental and financial savings.
What will be covered
* Navigating the labyrinth of terms, research, facts and figures.
* An outline of new government regulation and legislation.
* Identifying steps to start reducing carbon emissions immediately.
* An explanation of the effects of a low-carbon economy on small and medium-sized businesses.
* Energy-efficiency information specifically tailored to small and medium-sized enterprises.
Who should attend
All business representatives interested in climate change and the impact of the low-carbon economy on small and medium-sized businesses.
19/10/10: East Melbourne
Visit the website for more information.