Business, Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services: Valuing the Earth’s Natural Capital
Posted in Events by unaavic on September 13th, 2012
|20 September , 2012|
|2:00 pm||to||5:00 pm|
United Nations Association of Australia (Victorian Division) Business, Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services: Valuing the Earth’s Natural Capital Seminar will be held on Thursday 20 September, in partnership with National Australia Bank.
Building momentum for collective action post-Rio+20, the seminar brings together key players from business, government and civil society to discuss the challenges and opportunities in measuring the true value of nature and enhancing natural capital as a critical economic, ecological and social asset.
Join the conversation with an expert panel to discuss:
- The Natural Capital Declaration and the finance sector
- Australian Government perspective on natural capital and sustainability: current priorities, measurement and where Australia can make a difference
- Business and biodiversity: valuing natural capital and ecosystem services in practice
- The Economics of Ecosystem Services and Biodiversity (TEEB for Business)
- The System of Environmental – Economic Accounts (SEEA)
- Integrating the valuing and management of environmental assets into business and government decision-making processes
- Experiences and opportunities for cross-sector collaboration
- Rosemary Bissett (Head of Sustainability Governance and Risk, Enterprise Risk, National Australia Bank)
- Malcolm Thompson (Deputy Secretary, Australian Government Department of Sustainability, Environment, Water, Population and Communities
- Stuart Anstee (Chief Adviser, Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services, Rio Tinto)
- Dr Joshua Bishop (Former Chief Economist, IUCN and National Manager, Markets, Sustainability and Business Partnerships, WWF Australia).
- Charles Berger (Director of Strategic Ideas, Australian Conservation Foundation)
Rosemary Sainty (Former Head, Secretariat UN Global Compact Network Australia and Adviser, Corporate Engagement, Transparency International Australia)
Date: Thursday 20 September
Time: 1.30pm registration, 2pm to 5pm
Venue: Hosted by National Australia Bank, The Bowl, 500 Bourke St, Melbourne
Cost: Business/Government: $180 (+GST); Non-profit/NGO: $120 (+GST)
REGISTER ONLINE NOW.
Registration deadline: 5pm, Monday 17 September.
RSVP Essential. Please note places are limited, please register early to avoid disappointment.
For more information visit the registration website.